ONLINE INCOME OPPORTUNITIES
While Russia-Ukraine talks are progressing and oil prices have fallen a bit, there is no certainty that energy prices will fall more. There are also supply side issues in many industries. And for the Indian market, which trades at a significant premium over emerging markets despite the recent slide, that could be reasons to worry.
ETMarkets.com talked to Shiv Chanani, Head of Research at Elara Securities India to know his views on how one should navigate this period of volatility. Chanani also talked about value plays and whether one could look at defensive plays at this point in time.
Welcome to the show, sir.
1) What are the key takeaways for domestic investors from the Fed policy outcome? Do you see FPI outflows abating anytime soon?
2) Oil prices have fallen a bit from recent highs. But do you think high inflation may stay here for an extended period of time? If yes, how will it impact the stock market?
3) Where do you see value emerging post the recent selloff?
4) Down up to 70 per cent, are shares of new-age companies a buy? Given the uncertainty globally, would you prefer defensives?
5) It is always difficult to predict the outcome of geopolitical tensions, but, given where things stand, in terms of Russia-Ukraine hostilities, what are the key risks to the Indian market?
6) What would be your advice to investors in this highly volatile market?
Thank you Mr Chanani. That’s all in this week’s special podcast. Do keep checking this space for more such interesting content and take time out to follow our market podcasts twice every day. Stay safe and Happy Weekend!